Trainees tell their story
My name is Kamal, I’m 33 years old. I come from Morocco,
where I worked as a plasterer.
I came to Germany in 2015. I love football and play football myself, but I can’t spare the time to do that at the moment.
What have we done so far and why is that good for us?
Why did we choose dual vocational training?
- Tutoring in the subject theory
- Preparation for class work and exams
- Tutoring in the German language
- Assistance with everyday problems
- Mediating conversations with trainers, teachers and parents
What are your tips for other young refugees who are interested in vocational training?
„Make sure you are well informed about the various careers available and definitely do an internship at a company before you embark on the vocational training.
In vocational training you should always listen closely and respect your colleagues and customers.“