Working towards a career.
What can you do? Follow the steps below:
- Find out what you’re interested in and what you are good at (What do I want? What can I do? What do I like and what don’t I want? How do I see myself and how do others see me?). For example, do a test (e.g. self-assessment tool: what suits me?). Carry out an internship in a company to try out your skills. Talk about what really suits you with the vocational guidance expert or the vocational guidance expert at the employment agency.
- Find out: what vocational training is available? What dual study courses are available? What study courses are available? Where can I find opportunities for an internship?
- You decide: what do you want to do?
- Find vocational training places in companies or at schools. Find study courses and apply.
Was können die Berufsberaterinnen und Berufsberater der Agentur für Arbeit für dich tun?
- They can discuss your career aspirations and expectations with you and any issues or concerns you may have.
- They can help you choose a career if you are still unsure what you want to do professionally.
- They take the time to orm e you personally and answer your questions.
- They help you to find a vocational training vacancy: they know the companies and the vocational training vacancies available and can therefore provide numerous tips on how to look for a job. They can inform you about specific vocational training opportunities.
- They can also inform you about schools, the application process and explain other options if the vocational training isn’t feasible right away.
- They are also familiar with study opportunities in your region and can inform you about admission requirements for universities.